Saturday, July 16, 2011

Post-op day 6: I talk too much

I've been reading other blogs written by fellow human-beings who have endured the recovery process of ACL reconstruction as well and most of them write a post once a week or once every two weeks.  So I'm beginning to think I talk (write) too much!  In my defense their blogs are very dry and don't have much personality/color..although most of their blog titles are ON POINT, which mine lacks, obviously.

This morning was pretty horrific painwise.  I woke up unable to mentally make myself move my knee.  My mom had come into my room at 6am, I was dead to the world--bless her heart, and put ice on my knee. I'm pretty sure I made the wise executive decision to take that ice off  relatively instantly the moment my bedroom door shut in order to sleep more comfortably, you know, priorities!  Noooott wiiiiseee Natalie.  I ended up sleeping until 9 and this is when I woke up in immense pain including my back, it was sore too! I must have been in a funky position!

So I finally mustered up the courage to get out of bed, get changed, wash the face, brush the teeth, and make my way down to the couch and turned on HGTV.  They should probably be paying me for the amount of time I've spent watching their show this week!  Basically I know what my dream house looks like already and I'm determined to be on House Hunters (international, preferably) when I'm of age!  After an hour of watching TV the family decided to go outside and lay by the pool to enjoy the weather so I hobbled on my crutches out to a lounge chair and the pain was definitely a 10 at this point, the tears were rollin down my face because of it--but I wasn't crying!  Once I got the leg elevated the pain decreased significantly.  So I got about an hour of sun before our neighbors came over for a cookout lunch and the rest is history. Also this was my opportunity to have the cheeseburger that I raved about in my most recent post, but I didn't have one! I asked for grilled chicken instead.  :)

Because the percocet wasn't sitting too well with me the doctor prescribed Vicodin yesterday and I gave in to taking one of those.  Needless to say I am laying in bed right now on the verge of falling asleep, pretty apathetic about any spelling or grammatical errors I may have made thus far.  Tonight I'm getting out of the house again! We're going to a Thai restaurant with the same neighbors we had lunch with (John, Louise, and child--John is the guy we had the party for last night) ...we love them.  I wonder how the employees at this Thai restaurant will receive the fact that I'm definitely going to be propping my leg up under their table. 

 Before I go I just wanted to note to myself that A) I need to wake up intermittently during the night to turn the ice machine thing on, B) I need to keep the ace wrap on during the day to control the swelling when I'm standing to keep from putting excess pressure on the knee joint, C) I need to never get surgery again. 

Hope everyone else is taking a nap along with me
Loooove Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment