Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Post-op day 2: Thumbs down, way down.

Here's some pics from the day of surgery, before and after.

Mom was so proud of her new camera skills..this is me before everything!

Blood pressure in bottom left hand corner, so relaxed even before Valium!


This picture may be Natalie on Valium

Post-op day 1: Posted up in my parent's bedroom after the surgery.  Feelin' great, thumbs up!

Post-op day 2: Worst day ever...this is later on in the evening when i was feeling much better than I had been the rest of the day, but both thumbs way down

Okay so to say the least, today was miserable. Still is miserable.  I woke up at 545 in excruciating pain and called for my madre to bring me medicine.  She brought me an oxycontin and a bagel/mango/blueberries breakfast on a cutie pie tray.  Because I had eaten so well yesterday and had no problems with nausea after eating we thought that eating hearty meals was an okay idea for today as well...which turned out to be sooo false it's unreal.   After I had breakfast I went back to sleep and got up at 9:30 to go into my parents bedroom where I took 2 percocets and had some vegetables and watched TV.  I slept until 11:45 when my mom brought lunch up:  grilled chicken strips with roasted red pepper hummus on lettuce and grilled vegetables. It was soo good. And then from 1:30-5:45 I lost all of that even though I took anti-nausea medicine.  Sorry that's really cute to hear.  I was in the bathroom asleep on the toilet for the longest time, and whenever I thought I was okay to go back to bed, I wasn't.  Basically I went the entire day unable to keep anything down, including medicine.  Needless to say the pain was unreal the entire today because of this.  It hurts to stand up without even putting pressure on the leg, it hurts to sit, it hurts to lay, it feels as though my entire shin bone is cracked/broken from the knee joint to the ankle.  Whenever my muscles on that leg are used it puts a severe amount of excruciating pressure on the joint  and when I'm drifting off to sleep and my leg twitches randomly, that's a pain I don't even want to talk about either. Remember my pain analogy in one of my prior posts?  Let's add 4 pianos and broken bones and burning joints to the mix of sprained knee and 1 piano. Overall pain scale average for today = 9.5... :(

I'm hesitant to take another percocet because I'm thinking that is what made me unable to keep anything down today--but why didn't this happen when I took manyy more percocets yesterday? In any event, I'm having some saltines and sugar free applesauce and ice with water right now!  No more heavy foods for this girl! I will take a percocet right before I crash.

Hope everyone had a lovely day :) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. stomach surgery, nothing for pain, get on my level bro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie!!!!!!!!! I am soooo sorry that you are in so much pain, BUT, I AM SO FREAKING PUMPED THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG! I'm hooked after only two posts! So proud. I'm gonna just say, it's def from my inspiration.

    I will be thinking of you all day today and hoping that you are doing well!! And I hope you feel better soon!

    I love you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete