The pain today remained at a constant 8 on the 1-10 pain scale. I woke up at 5:45am again hoping my mom would be coming with medicine soon or else I don't know that I could have gotten out of bed. Took an ocycontin at 6 and slept for a while after that. Had soup and crackers for lunch which sat much better in my stomach today than yesterday--I also hadn't had any percocet at this point. After lunch I decided to take a percocet with some vegetables and was totally fine! I don't understand why yesterday was so horrible! I imagine my stomach just isn't used to all of these intense meds because I don't even take anything as minor as advil or tylenol everrr on a normal day.
Whenever my leg is propped up i seem to forget about the pain until I move it. It's especially annoying with pain whenever I'm about to fall asleep, the myclonic jerks tweak the joint so much! I spent most of the day in bed, sleeping, but did take time to walk out to the mailbox today with my mom--on crutches, though--and by the time I got back my leg was very tired of holding itself up. My driveway isn't a mile long or anything..it's probably the length of 3-4 cars. Ha...
Overall I feel like today was a healing turning point in terms of being able to handle the pain with only 2 meds and just being content with the situation I am in. I received flowers from my Dad, Louise, and a wonderful gift basket from Dee O'Baker/Family that I'll put pics of up soon! Thanks everyone!
I tried to take off the brace and wrapping today when my mom was at the gym (shh) but there was an intense white padding wrapping type thing underneath the ace bandage that looked like it shouldn't be taken off. Rats!! I want to see it so badly! When I took the brace off I changed the flexion to 30 degrees so my leg doesn't stay completely straight all day--the doctor suggested I do this! Makes it much easier to sit down from a standing position!
Hopefully I'll feel even better tomorrow and be able to get myself out to the gym! I'll keep you posted on that event :)
Feeling: tired. dizzy. pain. love my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment