Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Home cookin'

As most of you know I lived in Savannah, GA for two months this summer! I had the TIME of my life.  I met the greatest of friends who I plan to keep in touch with and fell into a deep love with the city.  I will upload pictures of my friends and good times soon--I'm trying to get Google+ to work. I just installed it onto my iPhone and am uploading my pictures I think (hope)..if you have any beginners tips for WHAT IN THE WORLD this app is/does..I'm all ears!

Lately my hip has been feeling great! I would say it only hurts  during 1/12 runs or about twice a month.  When it hurts it is only while I am running and the pain occurs as a sharp pinching type pain in my right hip joint--which would be characteristic of a meniscus tear in a knee joint but this seems less extreme.

More than physical ailments I have had more mental/emotional ailments from the accident itself.  It has left me feeling overly cautious, jumpy, and paranoid around cars.  My boyfriend is the most understanding when he thinks we can cross the road but I'm all hesitant like...

Honestly I MUST have been the most frustrating person to walk around NYC with this past weekend. Pictures to come!

So I recently moved back home to Stafford, VA to save some ca$h money to apply for grad schools (Physician Assistant schools) and to apply for jobs as a nurse aide.  The first night that I was in town with my parents I asked what they had planned on for dinner and they said "hmmm we were kind of thinking about chicken nuggets and tater tots---I about died! So I impulsively told my parents that I would cook them dinner every night while I live with them and of all the things my mom forgets daily, this statement unfortunately wasn't one of them.  So last week I went on a massive trip to Wegman's and made dinner every night that I have been here.  I took pictures of everything that I will post as soon as I know how to make Google+ my friend. 
I have been looking on food blogs as referred by Caitlin Boyle at Healthytippingpoint.com and other websites such as SkinnyTaste.com and magazines laying around the house! It has been going well so far!

It's RAINY outside today and I don't have a gym membership in this city so I think I'll just have a date with Tony Horton and then the coffee pot as I apply for jobs on jobs on schools on schools today!

Please send any of your favorite healthy recipes my way! Tonight I plan to incorporate butternut squash into a meal with quinoa.  And any pointers on Google+, I mean ANY, are greatly appreciated!

HAPPY TUESDAY!!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! I did the same thing when I lived at home! Adam started looking forward to nights I wasn't home so he could eat normal food! You should definitely take pictures of the faces he makes when you tell him there is no meat with the meal!

    ReplyDelete