So I ended up running anyway sans my iPhone and had the best time. It is often nice to go on a run and have nothing entering your head except your original thoughts, sounds of the breeze tackling the fall leaves, and dogs barking incessantly as you pass. I never ran with music my entire life--trained for a half marathon without music--and it wasn't until a year ago I found the brilliance that was "running to music." It used to make me run faster than I desired and tired me out, but now I can tame myself ;).
Yesterday I said I would put pictures up of everything I have cooked here at home so far!
| Squash spaghetti and a sweet potato/cauliflower mash with asparagus |
| Brown rice medley: carrots, eggs, brussel sprouts, onions, mushrooms, chicken |
| The medley plated with feta cheese on top |
| Broiled salmon on a bed of spinach with avacado salsa and roasted potatoes |
| Quinoa with butternut squash, spinach, onions, cranberries and pecans on a bed of green beans |
I'm also trying to get better at taking pictures of food...do they have classes for that? Tonight I need to use the rest of the butternut squash and give my stepdad some meat! I took sausage out of the freezer and I'm thinking I'll just throw it in a pan with the squash and some brown sugar and some raisins and add it to brown rice and probably some onions and have a side salad for a little greenery! Sister Nicole- Adam told me he didn't like butternut squash last night but then he ate it and loved it! Cheers to expanding people's horizon's with food.
Remember how I went to Savannah and made friends?
| Kelsey, me, Emily--weekly girl's night! |
| Jeff, Eric, Emily, me--Savannah Craft Brew Fest! |
What motivates you to get out the door when it seems like getting to the door itself is 2 miles away? Check out this guy's tips if you need something more than Phillip Phillips to get you runnin'.
Do you run with or without music and why?!
HAPPY HUMP DAY
No comments:
Post a Comment