Monday, July 9, 2012

Goal for the day

Today was orientation for my nurse aide training course! Yes I am the youngest student.  Yes I am 1 of 2 white people.  Yes I don't mind any of this.  I knew I wanted to wake up early and ride my bike to class so I woke up at 6:45 with the intention of leaving at 7:30 to get there by 8, and I did just that!  I realized about 10 minutes into my ride that I forgot to wear my helmet..which made my pedals slow down for a sec..but then I figured I had to keep truckin' along.  No one in Savannah wears helmets on their bikes anyway.  It's a very bike friendly town, but I definitely won't forget to wear it next time as I'm venturing away from DT Savannah. There are bike lanes EVERYWHERE in this town which really puts a rookie bike rider like me at ease. I'm sure it makes the drivers feel more confident while trying to pass us cyclists, too. Another thing, along with my helmet, that I don't want to forget ever again is my water bottle!

Speaking of water bottle, I realized last night how dehydrated I was.  Whenever I stood up I would get really dizzy and this morning my urine was a dark yellow.  It was probably a 4 on this Am I Hydrated? chart.  So my goal for the day is to get hydrated and stay hydrated!  It's hot here in Savannah but not too much hotter than back home in VA so there really shouldn't be any reason I can't keep up with my body's need for H2O!!

What do you do to stay hydrated on a daily basis?  How do you motivate yourself to get up early each morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment