Sunday, July 8, 2012

I should blog

So I've been in Savannah for about a week and I'm loving it so far!

I'm not very used to the road system they've got going on down here.  It's almost like Richmond, except better.  The roads do this thing where you can only go ONE way sometimes and two ways other times.  Most concerningly they allow people to parallel park on streets dangerously close to the intersection so that you really have no way of knowing whether or not a car is approaching you as you try to get across unless it's nighttime and you can see their headlights. This gives me anxiety. I'd rather walk. Or ride my bike.

Speaking of bike! It's at the shop right now. Gettin' pimped I'm sure.  Actually they're just pumping up the tires, fixing the anterior breaks, switching the pedals from clip-ins to shoe-ins? (until I get more comfortable riding it), and lowering the seat a tad.  If anyone has ever ridden a bike in which the seat is even a hair too high for you--imagine me in that situation.  So it should be all tuned up by tomorrow--just in time for me to ride it to my first Nurse Aide Training Class!

Speaking of Nurse Aide Training Class, that's why I'm here!  Well not THE reason I'm here, but it's what I'm doing while I'm here. It goes every weekday from 830-1230 until the end of August. After I graduated from JMU in May I realized my lease was going to end in July and I would have to start paying my own rent after that. So why not pay my own rent in Savannah, Georgia instead!? I'm currently looking for a part time yob- preferably at a gym so I don't have to splurge on a membership. This is where I pay rent..







Almost everyone in Savannah is so thin and active, or those are the only people who come out of their houses, and I just know I'm going to fit in here in that aspect!  Almost everyone has a dog: I won't fit in with that aspect but I love dogs, and taking pictures of other people's dogs! Everyone must love coffee: Check.  Almost everyone plays an instrument:....I can whistle sometimes?.  Everyone has a bike: Check!


Just got a call from the bike shop telling me my bike was ready for me! That was fast! I'll go pick that up here in a sec.  So far my favorites of things in Savannah:

Coffee shop: The Sentient Bean and Foxy Loxy is in a close second.  Sentient Bean doubles as a venue for artists, workshops, galleries, etc.  They use organic and local products and fair trade beans.
Club: 51 degrees.
Place to run: Riverstreet or Forsyth park
Beach:  private beach on tybee island where I probably wasn't supposed to go.  I went on a run in the commercialized beach area and then found this little cutie nook to cool down at-- if cooling down is even possible here.

Hair place: The Living Room Salon is so cute. They are moving to a bigger building and it won't actually be in a living room anymore but if you walk into this place you just know that you oughta trust it.  This guy took my hair from drab to fab in about 20 minutes.



I will update with more of my favorite places as they come.

HI MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment